Friday, September 17, 2010
This might be a known issue and thee might be so many solutions to resolve this, but my issue is resolve using below method so I am posting this on blog..
· Let’s say we have to upload Documents to Test1 (Source Doc Lib) and Test2 (Destination Doc Lib) Document Library simultaneously
· We can achieve this task by creating SP Designer conditional workflow
· Refer following figure.
· Open SharePoint Designer 2007 and then click on New > Workflow
· On the Define your new workflow stage provide a meaningful name and select a startup type as per
· Under that box you will get option to select which on which list you want to enable that workflow.
· Click Next.
· It will prompt you the Conditions and Actions page
· In Condition select – Modified by specific person condition
· Then click on specific person label and it will open option as shown in following figure
· Select Copy List Item option and then select copy item in Test1 (Source Doc Lib) to Test2 (Destination Doc Lib)
· Click finish, which will finish setup of workflow on Doc Lib Test1
· Now go to Test1 (Source Doc Lib) and upload a document.
· In that Test1 you will see a column with the same name with which you have created a workflow, and it will give you in progress status.
· Just go to Test2 (Destination Doc Lib) and you will get the same document listed over there.
· And when you come back to Test1, In progress status will be over and it will give you Completed status.
Attention: One more thing I would like to specify at the end, if you have selected Manual start then you have to manually start the workflow associated on that Doc Lib.