So if you have put it as a reference on any site that link will be broken
Here is the method I have successfully used to change the page title without changing the site URL
- Open the SharePoint site in SharePoint Designer
- In Design mode select the page title, and rename it
- Here I have found very weird behavior that in code window <title> parameter is missing so to generate <title> parameter remove Page Title from the design view
- Page title is associated with “SharePoint:ListItemProperty”, so when we remove page title from the page this parameter will be removed in the code <SharePoint:ListItemProperty runat=”server”/>
- Now in the design window add your own title which will generate <p> your title </p> parameter in code and you can refer this parameter for any future changes.
Feel free to reach me in case of any queries.