Question sequence is disordered when we export a survey list to excel
Resolution – Only to get questions in proper sequence in Excel sheet!!
- Checked Survey settings
- Found there were total 50 questions and found almost 30 questions were created using "Rating Scale" category
- Changed question ordering from Survey settings > Change order of questions
- Previously it was from Q-1 > Q-1-a….Q-5 > Q-5-e
- Changed it to reverse order and arranged Q-5-e > Q-5…..Q-1-a > Q-1
- Exported to spreadsheet, and got all the questions in right order.
- Now another issue occurred, Q-6 (Multiple Line of Text) came first in datasheet, so from view removed it to be displayed or to be exported to spreadsheet.
- The other issue noticed was when user clicks on "Respond to this survey", user will get the same reverse orders of questions (i.e. Q-5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 6)
- Though this helps us to get questions in proper sequence only in Spreadsheet but this cannot be implemented as this occurs disordering of questions in survey.
- Changed all "Rating Scale" questions to "Choice" category with "Radio button" & fill in "mandatory" option
- Order remained same (i.e. Q- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
- Now it worked proper for both scenarios, user got the right order when open "Respond to this survey" and also got the right order when exported to excel.
- Created a page and added a Data View Web part using SPD on the page
- Used SharePoint survey as a Data source and added all questions / columns in to the web part
- Then from Data view web part exported data to excel