- Open SQL Server Management Studio
- Connect to the database server.
- Expand Databases.
- Right-click the database that you want to back up, point to Tasks
- Then click Back Up.
- In the Back up Database dialog box,
- In the Source area, select the backup type that you want to perform
- User Profile Service application always requires a full backup, so select Full backup
- In the Backup component area, click Database.
- Provide the name to the backup
- We can set an expiration date to make this back up available till desired date.
- By default its 0, means no expiration date
- Provide the path where you want to store this back up under Destination
- That’s it we are done with user profile backup
Thursday, May 17, 2012
How to back up a User Profile Service application using SQL Server in SharePoint 2010 ?
A very good article available @ http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg576965