Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Configure content deployment settings in SharePoint 2010
Use the following procedure to configure content deployment settings.
· Verify that you have the following administrative credentials:
o You must be a member of the Farm Administrators group on the Central Administration server.
· On the Central Administration Web site, click General Application Settings.
· On the General Application Settings page, in the Content Deployment section, click Configure content deployment.
· On the Content Deployment Settings page, in the Accept Content Deployment Jobs section, do one of the following:
o To accept deployment jobs, select Accept incoming content deployment jobs.
o To reject deployment jobs, select Reject incoming content deployment jobs
· To specify the server as either an import or export server, do one of the following:
o If you are using the server to receive incoming deployment jobs, in the Import Server section, on the Server you want to use to manage import of content deployment jobs menu, click the server that will receive jobs.
o If you are using the server to send deployment jobs, in the Export Server section, on the Server you want to use to manage export of content deployment jobs menu, click the server that will send jobs.
· In the Connection Security section, do one of the following:
o To use the HTTPS protocol, select Require encryption (recommended).
o To use the HTTP protocol, select Do not require encryption.
· In the Temporary Files section, type the temporary file path that both the import and export servers (as applicable) will use for storage of temporary files.
· In the Reporting section, in the Number of reports to retain for each job box, type the number of reports that you want to keep for each content deployment job that originates from this farm, and then click OK.