Thursday, December 20, 2012
How to create a permission level in SharePoint 2010
· Verify that you have one of the following administrative credentials
o You are a member of the Administrators group for the site collection.
o You are a member of the Owners group for the site.
o You have the Manage Permissions permission.
· On the Site Settings page, under Users and Permissions, click Site permissions.
· In the Manage section of the ribbon, click Permission Levels.
· On the toolbar, click Add a Permission Level.
· On the Add a Permission Level page, in the Name field, type a name for the new permission level.
· In the Description field, type a description of the new permission level.
· In the list of permissions, select the check boxes to add permissions to the permission level.
· Click Create.