Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Create a new content deployment path by using Central Administration in SharePoint 2010
· Verify that you have the following administrative credentials:
o You must be a member of the Farm Administrators group on the Central Administration server.
· On the Central Administration Web site, in the General Application Settings section, click Configure content deployment paths and jobs.
· On the Manage Content Deployment Paths and Jobs page, click New Path.
· On the Create Content Deployment Path page, in the Type the name of this path box, type a name for the content deployment path.
· In the Type the description of the content deployment path box, type a description of the content deployment path.
· In the Source Web Application and Site Collection section, in the Source web application list, click a source Web application.
· On the Source site collection menu, click a source site collection.
o The Web application and site collection determine the source location from which the content will be deployed. After you make your selections, the source location is displayed under URL.
· In the Destination Central Administration Web Application section, in the Type the URL of the Destination Central Administration Server box, type the URL of the destination Central Administration server. In the Authentication Information section, select one of the following:
o Use Integrated Windows authentication Select this option if you want to use Integrated Windows authentication to connect to the destination server. Credentials sent by using Integrated Windows authentication will be encrypted before being sent to the destination server for authentication.
o Use Basic authentication Select this option if you want to use Basic authentication to connect to the destination server. Credentials sent by using Basic authentication are not encrypted, and therefore are not secure.
· Enter the user name and password for the account that will be used to connect to the destination server, and then click Connect.
· In the Destination Web Application and site collection section, in the Destination Web application list, click a destination Web application.
· In the Destination Site Collection list, click a destination site collection.
· In the User Names section, select the Deploy user names check box if you want user names that are associated with content to be included when this path is used for content deployment jobs.
· In the Security Information section, in the Security information in the content deployment list, click one of the following, and then click OK.
o All This is the default selection. All of the security information that is associated with the content is deployed with the content.
o Role Definitions Only Only role definitions (role definitions are collections of permissions) are deployed with the content. Users and groups, including those that are associated with the role definitions, are not deployed with the content.
o None No security information that is associated with content is deployed with the content.