Thursday, December 20, 2012
How to copy an existing permission level in SharePoint 2010
· Verify that you have one of the following administrative credentials
o You are a member of the Administrators group for the site collection.
o You are a member of the Owners group for the site.
o You have the Manage Permissions permission.
· On the Site Settings page, under Users and Permissions, click Site permissions.
· In the Manage section of the ribbon, click Permission Levels.
· In the list of permission levels, click the name of the permission level you want to copy.
· At the bottom of the page, click Copy Permission Level.
· On the Copy Permission Level page, in the Name field, type a name for the new permission level.
· In the Description field, type a description for the new permission level.
· In the list of permissions, select or clear the check boxes to add permissions to or remove permissions from the permission level.
· Click Create.Ref: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263239.aspx#section3